If you are a beauty junkie like me, you most likely frequent Sephora, Ulta or Target on regular basis. But did you know you can get spa like experience/ results at home … and what if I told you it will cost you $0! Yes friends … FREE …
ICED WATER FACIAL
This one is my favorite and I do it every single morning. What you need to do is fill a large bowl or sink with really cold water, add a handful (or two) of ice cubes. And the submerge your face in water for 10-20 seconds at the time (or as long as you can hold it), then repeat 4-5 times. I promise it will feel amazing!
- Reduced redness.
- Reduced appearance of pores and wrinkles (that’s a temp fix though).
- Instant fresh /clean /awake look.
TRY IT!!! You will thank me for this one later.
FACIAL SAUNA (no equipment needed)
There are many facial steamers on the market, some are cheap, some are not. Bottom line is this: you have to clean them (extra work), you need to store them (no extra room in my vanity), and you need to pay for them ($100 plus … I don’t think so). All this extra effort will deter you from ever using it and getting the benefits.
You can actually do it without any equipment. All you have to do is boil some water, pour it into a large bowl or sink. ( I use the sink, so I do not have to clean the bowl after). Bend over the bowl/ sink, cover your head with a large towel (make sure the steam doesn’t escape). And relax for 5- 10 minutes.
What will it do for you?
- Opens pores ( so your skin will absorbs all of your expensive cream way better!).
- Purifies pores.
- Can help hydrate and soften skin.
- If you do it before applying make up, it will help it stay on longer.
REDUCE THE APPEARANCE of PIMPLES ASAP
So this one, you may think I am crazy. But it does work. It is a temporary fix … Let’s say you have a zit that is red, and the surrounded area is red as well, and you need to leave the house (scary thought isn’t it?). The solution Visine Redness Relief eye drops. Just moisten a q tip with the solution and apply to the affected area for several minutes.
- Reduced redness.
SOLUTION FOR SWOLLEN / TIRED EYES
As a mom of a baby who suffers from FOMO (fear of missing out, so never sleeps hehe), I am very familiar with the puffy eye look. But I also happen to be an avid tea drinker. Great news is I can use the leftover bags to fight the puffiness.
- Boil some water. Steep your tea (use 2 tea bags). I let mine steep for 2-5 minutes.
- I recommend using black tea, as the caffeine content is high.
- Remove the tea bags, place on a plate and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, and squeeze out the excess water.
- Lay down, and place the tea bags over your eyes. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
Caffeine constricts blood vessels, and therefore reduces the puffiness and swelling.
What do you think? Are you willing to give any of these tricks a try? Do you have any DIY beauty tricks?
Thank you for reading!
P.S. I have linked my current skincare products below. Love my $10 eye cream!!!